Thursday, September 9, 2010

Daydreams

I've had a few revelations about what my life would be like if I had absolute freedom to do what I pleased.

You know, being in school and tied down to a job is sort of like living in a box. Things get to be pretty predictable fairly quickly, so it's nice to have such a raging imagination to use as crutches that get me through the day.

If I could, I'd abandon all my routine and take my hard body to the pole! Dancing under the pseudonym of Brenda, I'd shake it and spin to Def Leppard in a pair of white cowboy boots. I'd stuff my boots with wrinkled 5's and 10's, and go home exhausted but rich, falling asleep in my post-show velour tracksuit.

Okay, now, realistically - that's not something I could do, but what I could do is this (which was mentioned tonight in the car ride home): I could workout and take pole-dancing lessons. I'd like to be as good as Felix Cane - maybe even compete and steal the title away from her! Yeah, right.

Aside from my starry-eyed strip club circuit dream, I'd drop everything and move to France for art school. I'd spend my days painting and sculpting - my nights spent dancing and drinking cheap wine. I'd wear novelty berets and striped t-shirts would be a wardrobe staple! This is actually a very realistic dream, once I think about it. I could totally stock my closet with striped shirts, seeing as they're haute couture at H&M these days. Mais, oui!

Of course, there are other fantasies and daydreams, but I can't remember them all now. The biggest dream right now is to dig my goddamn way out of Starbucks-hole-in-the-ground hell. I'm on the hunt for a new job a.s.a.p. You know shit is rough when even your manager jumps ship.

Le sigh.

No comments: