Saturday, August 2, 2008

go for gold, eh?

Did you know that there's Olympics this summer?

I didn't.

It wasn't until today that I knew that not only are there summer Olympics this year, but that they're in Beijing. The only way I discovered this? Advertising on Coca-Cola packaging. I recall a time, when I was a small Fern, the Olympics were the shit. We had Team Canada's back like vertabrae - no questions asked. Times have changed though, and I'm marvelling that 4 years have passed so quickly. I recall the day they announced the 2010 Olympics were being held at Whistler. That was back in 2004, if I do my math right. Back then, we scoffed at the 6-year time gap. "That's forever from now," we said, "who cares? That's like...pretty much a decade away." Little did we know that time is passing, bit by bit everyday.

It's the miniscule signs like that that reveal time's course, and so much can happen in 6 short years.

No comments: