Thursday, August 7, 2008

small toooooown girl

I should've been a girl scout.

Why? Well, I have this awful neurosis about being prepared for everything. I'm not talking about just unforeseeable events, I'm speaking also of planned things. When I know something is coming up, big or small, I like to be beyond prepared for it. It's just how I roll. When I know I'm ready for something, I feel better about it happening.

Example: I'm moving in 21 days, which I'm told is a sizeable amount of time to prepare for such an occassion. I, however, have been preparing for it now for 2 weeks - 3 if you count all the mental leg stretches I've been doing. Boxes are filled and colour-coded according to weight, room and importance. In my harrowing relocation adventures, I've discovered something quite significant: when you're putting all your shit in boxes, you realize just how much shit you don't have. Actually, let me rephrase that; you realize how much shit you don't need and have been hanging onto. Let's call them emotional mementos; I don't like the word clutter. Anywho, I've given the heave-ho now to a good 65% of my stuff, and I'm hopeful for another 30% going buh-bye. I just don't need now what I needed then, you know? Call it growing up, maybe call it getting colder - I don't know. Whatever it's called, it's making the load significantly lighter. I'm blowing my load.

Okay, don't call it growing up.

I feel good about this. Now is a good time for my life to change in a big, bad way.

No comments: