Sunday, August 10, 2008

Two-Headed Boy

Happy birthday, Jeff Mangum; 38 years young.

Question: Are we really so bored with our lives that we need to see a 19 page family album of famous people we only pretend to know on a personal level? I'm sure Brad and Angelina's babies are cute, but really - I just can't see the necessity. And us civilians eat that shit up for $4.99 a pop. It's pathetic while also being fascinating. Quite!

The weather outside is delightful today. It's a modest 20 degrees, which I adore. I love it when it's like this; overcast and dancing on the edge of rainfall. The smell is so pure and clean. One beautiful thing about August that I always forget is the sudden rainstorms. It can go from being rather warm one minute, and then the sky just opens up and lets all of it's water down onto us. This happened today while I was at work; yesterday, too. It made me sad that I couldn't run outside and frolick in it like I used to do. Today, it made me so sad that I wanted to cry out of frustration - but I didn't. I know that September will come, and with it, more rain. I won't be working then, so I'll have more than ample opportunity.

No comments: