Sunday, September 7, 2008

interpretation

I hate how things are more expensive in Canada. Bust magazine, for example, is only $4.99 south o' the border. Canadork? A whopping $6.99. I mean, I still buy it, but in the words of my Nana: "Oh, for Pete's sake!". I ain't making any mo' money than they is. Sheesh.

Some interesting shizzle-nizzle is going down here in the next few weeks. Example: "Taking Back The Night '08" on the 26th, where a bunch of us cray-zee feminist types take to the back alleys and dark corriders of the city, creating awareness for harrassment and violence against women. It's more than that, though, as we're also rallying to get the streets safer at night for us dames. Gals should be able to walk alone at night without fear. Well, and during the day, too. My theme song for the evening? Suggestion - Fugazi. Yes! The best part? My darling Emily is coming over to participate, too. I'm more excited than Michael Jackson at a boy scout campout. Okay, that was uncalled for. (Sorry!)

Lady McGee is still waiting to hear back from potential employers? What? Yessir, still jobless; still a saint! I did secure a job at a clothing store, but when I discovered the uh...details of the position, I declined.

"Thanks, but no thanks."

As much as I'd love to lug boxes, work cash registers and clean toilets, I just had to say no. It was clearly the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Clearly.

I'm still holding out for Starbucks. Oh, I know - shuddup!

No comments: