Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Van-cougar.

Oh, my.

I never really realize how much I hate it here until I go somewhere really fantastic. Vancouver, my friends, is very fantastic. Let me tell you about my roadtrip, yes?

We left a little behind scheddy on Sunday because I'm into sleeping and staying out late. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I slithered out of bed like, 15 minutes before we had to leave. And I hadn't packed anything. You see where I'm going with this. Good thing I drive it like I stole it: we made it to Vancouver in 4 hours.

The first stop was in Coquitlam at Ikea, obviously. There was so much to look at and fall in love with that I actually didn't end up purchasing anything. Weird, right? Plus line-ups were longer than certain run-on sentences I've constructed. Burn.

We wandered 'round downtown for a bit after we checked into our very sketchy hotel room. We stayed in a "courtyard suite"...$100. Not worth a single cent, but oh well - it'll be something to tell the grandkids. The beautiful thing about Vancouver is that every other store is XXX. I went to a 25 cent peepshow. Fuck gumballs and parking metres; my quarters are better spent. I also went to the largest HMV I've ever seen and counted a whopping 42 Starbuckses (sp?). How the hell do I make 'Starbucks' plural? I can't think right now.

Did I mention that I planned out my ideal life while I was chillin' in Van? Yeah, it goes like this: I move there and magically become an important person at the newspaper, have a charming boyfriend who works at EA Games/somewhere cool, and we live together in a ballin' Ikea-furnished apartment downtown with a sweet view of the skyline. Emily magically lives there too, and works at a design firm making ghetto amounts of money, too, and we meet for coffee everyday during our lunch breaks. My charming b-friend and I invite her and her charming b-friend over for dinner every Saturday night, and we play Scattergories and make Indian food.

I dare to dream.

I've gotta say, there really isn't anything like the ocean. I spent a few hours oceanside, and I just can't find the words to describe how I feel when I'm standing on the shore. It's bittersweet. Sigh.

Anywho, the verdict reached by this trip? I need to move. Soon.

kthxbye.

FMcG

P.S. Long-ass post. My bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your ideal Vancouver life also consist of glamours art shows in you glamours apartment?
'Cause you know, I'd come. If you'd like.

FMcG said...

No, it does not, because I am a recluse.

...But you can still come ova.