Tuesday, June 3, 2008

SWF

I'm so tired of being alone.

Lately I've been feeling quite bitter towards the happy couples I seem to see everywhere I go. I'd like to know: where's my b-friend?

Singledom never used to bother me. In fact, I remember a time when I was singing high praises for me and the crew and our marvelous ability to stay un-paired. The notion was that single = simple. Who needs all that complicated love crap? Well, that'd be me, strangely enough. A part of me is hoping that this is just a nasty PMS side-effect, however, I get the feeling like this ain't nothin' to do with monthly hormone fuck-tuations. I think maybe I've finally hit the point in my life where I instinctively want to be someone's wonderwall. They said it would happen - I didn't believe them. Turns out they were right.

Sonofabitch.

That said, I'm not on the mad hunt for my other half. The pickings are pretty slim around here, so I'm just going to have to wait until the XY horizons are expanded. As lovely as love would be, it can wait. It's waited this long, and I'm a firm believer that when you go looking for something, you seldom find it.

Except trouble. You can always find that.

No comments: