Sunday, June 1, 2008

Clear skies

It's been a decent weekend.

I pedestrian-ed it up last night downtown with my main homeskillet. We snagged some Starbucks (oh, shut up..I know) and headed towards where the noise was loudest. We ended up at a big event at city park and wandered for a while wondering what it was, watching people jog past us and pausing every so often to clear the sand out of our shoes. We eventually determined that it was a big cancer fundraiser, so we cleared out pretty hastily. It's not that I don't support cancer research, it's just that I think that the cancer foundation 'round here uses it's donations for nose candy. Seriously. Nothing is legit anymore.

So, we walked back up the strip, making another pit stop at Starbucks to use their facilities. Only the dudes' biffy was in operation, so we threw on our best guy personas and peed standing up. Well, we did everything minus that last part. Actually, I did everything minus that last part; I can't be 100% about my compadre. I'm just not talented enough to pull that shit off. I surmised that Starbucks is equal opportunity, either way. Ye-ye!

We meandered back to the car and sped off into the night only to be greeted by nothingness. We considered visiting 24/7 Denny's, but even that has lost it's fun. I'm needing a little change, lemme tell ya. I need new venues to satisfy my fiendish lust for constant stimulation. I need a city with a pulse.

Any suggestions?

No comments: