Saturday, May 24, 2008

Aloha

Nuh-uh, uh-uh. Can't nobody hol' me down.

Saturday nights were made for parties. When I wake up on a Saturday morning, I can feel the excitement of the night's festivities surging through my nervous system; inner-tubing on my red blood cells. The air gets a little crisper around 8pm - an early warning for the wallflowers and senior citizens. Sometimes I think that the Sun does us a favour by sending up the Moon; our shadows are the only witnesses we ever have to worry about.

I'm throwing a party tonight in celebration of another whole year of survival. Birthdays, for me, are a milestone every time. It's always a goal every year to make it to the next. To see the next cake. To have another party. We're kickin' it "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" tonight, which means the Pina Coladas and leis will have a starring role. It feels good to know that I get to live it up with all my friends tonight.

Oh, and video editing? Fuckin' shower in that shit. 20 hours of editing, and still going strong.

No comments: