Thursday, May 1, 2008

Alright, alright.

Can't stop listening to Superchunk. It's almost embarrassing. Almost.

"Detroit Has A Skyline" just might change your life. And if it doesn't, well, then you're obviously lame anyways, so git off mah blog! Kidding, darling. My love for you is undying, much like a cockroach even when faced with nuclear holocaust.

I'm sick of the elitist vultures that patrol music stores. Like, do I care if you've been listening to a band for 10+ years, and that you appreciated their tuneage long before they got major? Nah, so fuck off with your trivial pursuit bullshit. I just want to frolick amongst my faves and then peace. I'll be really honest (as I am wont to do), and say that I totally act like I know more about music than I really do.
"Oh yeah, I've totally heard of The Super Ice Cream Sandwich Queens. Totally."
It's just a natural reaction to avoid looking like a complete music n00b, especially when I'm a person who prides myself on the title of "know-it-all". However, if I really sincerely have no goddamn clue about a band, I won't even bother pretending like I've heard about them. In that event, the conversation usually goes something like this:

"Hey, do you like The Divorcees of Lower Manhattan?"
"What? You never rewind VHS tapes when you return them? MONSTER."

Yeah.

No comments: