Tuesday, December 23, 2008

come play in the milky night.

Tootsie has been hiding under my bed for 3 days now. I tried coaxing her out with the promise of the future, but she just doesn't see the point. I miss her companionship.

I was eating mandarin oranges naked in the bathtub last night when I had a moment of clarity. And so I started writing a novel.

Amazingness (<--not an actual word, by the way): tonight, a customer at work taught me how to do the Japanese version of "rock paper scissors". I've never felt happier.

The gracious and gorgeous Scott and Dylan have invited me over for a Christmas Eve cocktail party tomorrow night, and I am incredibly excited for it. It's semi-formal and should prove to be a beautiful time for all involved. I'm going to bring some appetizers with me, I think; one should never show up to a party empty-handed.

I have nothing else very exciting to say, other than that I'm working for 16 days straight without a day off. I'm getting really worn out, and I find that I'm incredibly irritable lately. The good thing is that I'm accruing an incredible amount of over-time. In other news, I spent 3 hours the other night watching Flight of the Conchords in the dark on my laptop, because the power went out and I had nothing else to do.

Well, I think I'm going to hit the fucking hell out of the hay now. In other words, I'm going to bed. My bed is pretty much my favourite place to be these days. Example? Last night, I went to bed at 8:30; this morning I was up at 11:30. It was incredible! I have to be up at 4 am to shower and prettify myself for another day in paradise.

I feel like my ramblings lately are blander than pre-packaged airplane food, y'know? It's all just "work-related-bullshit-blah-blah-blah" and "obscene-amounts-of-vodka-with-my-gay-friends-blah-blah-blah", or "my-life-is-boring-and-average-blah-blah..you get the picture". In response to that, I promise to blog about something really interesting on Thursday! Oh, you just wait. It's going to blow your fucking mind and make you rethink all the things you've come to know and trust.

Well, maybe.

Also, Ross (<3) and I talked about the Oasis thing, and he likened it to being somewhat of a ripoff of the Beatles success tactic...whatever that means. People find it very strange and somewhat offensive that I have no love for Ringo, Paul, John and that other guy (George?); whatever, I'm over it. Apparently my "head is glued to my ass" and I "can't really know anything about music" if I haven't got any knowledge of the Beatles. Yeah, right.

P.S. This week's pick of the week is Beast's "Mr. Hurricane", and I highly recommend it. So stop by a 'bucks, grab a latte and a free pick card. So worth the visit.

No comments: