Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am, I said, have I ever been so mellow?

Gadzooks! It's been 3 days since the last post.

This is disappointing to me because I started out strong. I started this blog with true Olympian stamina, like the internet was a gold medal and all's I gots to do is type. Being realistic though, I'm no top dog, and unlike the dailies, well, I'm just not up to par.

Interesting things happen in grocery stores, you should know. Last night, just as was ready to split from work, a guy who looked like a cross between Steve Buscemi, Silent Bob and Bubbles came through with puffed wheat, organic orange juice, Teddy Grahams and (the highlight of this story) a Kinder Surprise treat. I'm pretty sure Kinder Suprises are a German thing, yes? Anyways, I did the usual check-out girl song and dance until I got to his chocolate eggy-weggy and he felt the need to tell me that it wasn't actually for him. Inquiring minds, my friends. I was all ears. He told me that he chucks the cheap chocolate, does the same with the "made in China" mini-toy, and keeps the little container the toy comes in. From that point, he drills holes in it and laces it with a string, then fills the container with catnip. He gives this little present to his kitties, which he also went into full detail describing to me. Late-night grocery shoppers, I tell ya!

You should also know that couscous is the food so nice, they named it twice.

Peace out, nucka.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

couscous.
couscous, couscous, couscous, couscous.

it tastes even better when you scream it's name.

FMcG said...

But how can you scream when you've got a mouth full o' couscous? That's just bad manners.