Wednesday, April 2, 2008

no disponible en español!?

I wore flip flops yesterday.

It's a sure sign Canadork is coming outta permafrost when I, the gun-shy barbarian, can proudly sport my signature purple flippers. Sure, I got a few befuddled looks of disapproval, but I'm as firm as shitty implants when it comes to footwear.

Funny Games looks decent to me. I think I might even dare to venture out of the bitchcave to go see it! It looks viewable because:

1. The 1997 version was die scheiße.
2. This version has a solid cast, in my opinion. And even if the acting turns out to be shitty, I'll at least have the image of Michael Pitt to girlishly swoon over. MP on screen makes everything else sound like the adults in a Peanuts special. Also, I adore Tim Roth in an almost awkwardly uncomfortable way.
3. This displays the same general tone as A Clockwork Orange which, like any good cinephile, I have deep appreciation for. It's the mystifying nadsat speak that does it for me, I think.
4. The trailer is kickin' it with Eddy Grieg. So pure.

I'm no Ebert; I'm just basing things on outwards appearance (like I usually do, because I'm a surmising bee-yatch). This could be the film that finally justifies the $8.95 I pay to see it.

Yeah, like that'll ever happen.

2 comments:

Jek said...

oh man hun, i watched the trailer for this and ive seen the constant stream of commercials for it, and it looks so utterly gruesome that it just might pass approval from most as a damned good scare flic. if you dont mind i'd be happy to join you to this one, once its in theatres. not to mention, we havent had an outing together in awhile also... so waddaya say?

FMcG said...

I say "yes". It's already rolled into the theatre downtown, so...you + me = sometime next week?