Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mood: Apathetic

"We single devotchkas have it good."

That's the thought that crossed my mind tonight as I feverishly scarfed down armloads of pub snacks with a few friends. There are no limitations on the fun you can have. Fuck, you can make impromptu plans to sit in a bar and eat pachos with your pals on a Saturday night. No boring plans; no leash and collar. You can check out every ass that walks by. You never have to worry about looking fancy-shmancy for someone. It's incredible. Let's face it: dudes complicate things. I, for one, am sick of being mental about relationships when I have the potential to just exist without being "complete". Call it an epiphany if you will, but I came to the realization tonight that off-the-market lassies are in a totally shitty position. Well, most of the time.

I'll admit it; there are times when I get junior high and wish that I had a b-friend. In actuality, I'm pretty confident that there's no XY specimen in my dating radius that can handle all my fiendish antics and flaws and still adore me. Maybe not even anywhere in the world! But hey, that's okay. Who wants happily ever after when you can live life the E! THS way? Best. Selling. Biography. Watch for it out on store shelves sometime when I'm old.

FYI, pachos are amazing. Potato nachos = crissy-crossy deep fried potato disks covered with cheese and served with honey mustard. So good, I could have cried.

No comments: