Friday, July 25, 2008

because I just want to say it

I have to open up. This happens whenever I drink green tea - I get sentimental. I want to tell you about the most beautiful moment of my life.

It was in early April. The air was still crisp in the morning; the birds still testing the skies with newly opened wings. It was a long night after partying - if you recall, you'll know what I say when I say it was the morning after the truck incident. I was driving back to the party to check on the people remaining and see the aftermath of the wildest party I've been to. With me were the two people in this world that I love the most - of course, neither of them know that. The seats were folded down in the SUV, so they were laying prostrate on the floor; both still heavily intoxicated. We were driving along a back road to the party spot. The road was rough and dusty, but we finally reached pavement and cruised smoothly. With the music playing softly, we were all silent on our long ride back. I was driving past a field when I saw it. The sun was shining down clear and hopeful from just above the hilltop over the long grass. Amongst the grass was a single deer, grazing silently, unaware of my existance and the events that had unfolded in the last 6 hours. I slowed the vehicle, and turned to ask my loved ones if they could see it, too. And that's when it became the most beautiful moment. When I turned around, they were both sound asleep. I don't know what it was about it, but for some reason, everything felt safe and beautiful. Everything was amazing and my heart was filled with so much love that it felt like it might just...burst. The warm sun, the quiet field, and the two most beautiful people in the world sleeping so soft and sweetly as I drove. It was trust and it was love and it was beauty. And it was all captured in that moment.

I wish I could have that every day.

No comments: