Saturday, July 5, 2008

we should be sleeping.

Oh, summer nights.

It's like this: why would I sleep when I can go on an adventure? I tried to come up with a logical and reasonable answer to that very question last night. Guess what? I couldn't think of anything. So, 12:30 am, I went out. Grabbed some 7-11 coffee (where I witnessed a significantly overweight employee making the next day's sandwiches sans gloves), drove up the hill with Cat and her Pentax, and spent some quality time. We took lovely pictures of the city's lights and were having a fantastic chat about the future, when a car pulled up behind mine. This was at 2am. We were both sketched by this, and were only slightly relieved when we observed a particularly handsome and young poo-leese officer swaggering over.

"Hey ladies, just wondering what you're doing up here so late. I've caught a few kids up here before smoking dope - you aren't doing anything like that, are you?"
(he notices the camera and coffees)
"Oh, cool. That's a pretty fancy contraption. Is that one of those SLR cameras? I have a Nikon, but it hasn't got that feature. It's pretty cool, though."

Yeah. We had a conversation with the cop about photography until he got a call and had to leave.

"Alright, you girls have a good night. See you later, maybe."

Cute.

No comments: