Monday, July 21, 2008

hot off the press

Now is the time I use the free "whine" pass. I have issues, which I will kindly sum up in a few short sentences.

Issue #1: Roadtrip.
I am no longer going to a foreign province, because my road tripping buddies are weenuses. So, instead of hanging out in a cooler city than the one I reside on those days I booked off, I'm going to be probably just sitting at home, smelling like ass from not showering and eating rice cakes in front of the tube. This issue correlates with:

Issue #2: Friends.
It feels like all my "best pals" are suddenly becoming too cool for me. Exemplar: Tonight, my redheaded friend was all like "hey, come over to (other friend)'s house, and we can hang out." Well, I got there, and redhead says: "Oh, hey. I don't have time to hang out with you tonight, and seeing as you're here already, drive me home." I was so obviously used. And all my other friends? Well, they mostly just suck and only want to see me when it's convenient for them. Even then, I'm the last person they call.

Issue #3: Body.
I feel like Bessie the heifer. Even when people tell me "oh my GAWD, you've lost so much weight", I still envision myself as Rita MacNeil's identical twin. Bulimia sounds cuter and cuter every time I consider it. Sigh. The real deal with this shpeal is that it is quite possible that I have lost some weight; I just don't eat anymore.

Issue #4: Work.
Fuck. 'Nuff said.

I need a holiday. I was thinking that maybe I'd take a funtastic voyage down the coast sometime soon. Go to Ikea and feed the nesting instinct. Shop 'til I drop at Old Navy. Essentially, blow a bunch of cash until I feel better.

That can't be healthy.

No comments: